Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Back Home

We have made it back home and I am beat....just trying to force myself to stay awake until 730. I haven't had much time to decompress or process from the trip at all (my brain was too tired on the plane) so that will come later.
I did have a sweet last day at Tenwek. All our patients had left the unit by the time I woke up from my nap Sunday around lunchtime. It was so nice to have the afternoon off! We went up to check on everyone, took a group photo of all the children and then had some much needed downtime. I went for a walk because I just love the area around the hospital and it is hard to get any Rebekah time during the busy week. While walking, first I saw an eclipse, which I had no clue was happening and then as I continued my walk I saw a rainbow. Between the two incredible things in nature, especially the rainbow and the Biblical representation, I felt so surrounded by God. Seeing that rainbow just reminded me again of how much He loves these children, who would appear to have every odd against them living through a heart defect. But He is present there and He brought each of those children to us. I just loved that thought as I was enjoying the scenery and my time alone.
I woke up early before we left Monday to do the same-go for a walk and get one last look at all our kiddos. It is hard to say goodbye and leave and have to trust that they will be okay. I get so used to seeing them so frequently and having a hand in their care that it is difficult to leave them. But again I was reminded that they are being cared for.
Off to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment