Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Roma e Firenze

Our first 2 days were spent in Rome and Florence. Since I studied in Florence it honestly feels like going home, which may be why we keep wanting to go back there. The streets, the smells, the sounds are all so familiar and immediately draw me back to a wonderful four months of life. Anyway, here are a few highlights.
I met up with John and Mom in Rome and we saw some great pieces of art, churches and homes away from the main palaces. 
St. Peter's

In Palazzo Barberini

Piazza Navona


 In Florence we revisited some of our favorites; kept plenty of time to roam and shop in the Mercato, ate great meals and relaxed in my favorite Piazza.
John with his meat plate at Trattoria Spada

Duomo

Shopping in the market

Wandered to find this ceramic shop that I went to as a student

Piazza della Signoria

Wine in the Piazza

Enjoying Santa Croce by night (post gelato :)



1 comment: