Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Writing

Since the beginning of August I have started a new habit. A good habit. I am writing every morning. It started as a study-following the book or idea called The Artists' Way. Her premise is to wake up and write first thing in the morning. No structure just stream of consiousness-whatever comes to mind. Her idea is that whatever your art form is, be it your job, painting, being a mom, taking this time each morning opens you up to creativity and to being who you are. I admit, I had some doubts. But it has been a really great experience. During this time I am sometimes amazed by what I write-what is in my head and heart that needs to come to the surface. and an introvert it is good for me to get some stuff out of my head. I may not have good words for why it has been good or what I had gained but I am so so glad that I have set this time aside for me each morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment