Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ellie's Run for Africa


This is an event I have been supporting for I don't know, 6 or so years. Ellie's Run started here in Nashville when a 10ish year old girl at our church heard someone talk about Kenya and the disparity between life here and there. She couldn't believe that children her age couldn't go to school if they didn't have shoes, uniforms or books. So she convinced her parents to start a 5K run to raise money. I don't think any of them knew the impact that this idea would have.
I think Ellie's Run is on it's 8th year and has raised thousands to help children and schools in the slums of Kibera in Kenya.
The run is a fun day..they have a kids run, which is my favorite part of the day and booths and kids events along with the 5K race. And their t-shirts are always awesome.
If you are free May 19th you should come out, even if you don't want to run and support Ellie's Run.



No comments:

Post a Comment