Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fear and Faith

In church and small group we have been following Tim Keller's book Jesus the King which is about the book of Mark. Fear has been a topic of several sermons and chapters and has been on my mind for the past few weeks....realizing some underlying fears and realizing that I don't truly believe that God is enough when it boils down to it. Fear and faith are opposite sides of the coin and so much of my life happens on the fear side, whether I realize it or not. My fear is exposed in my thoughts in a large degree, but also in my actions.
As my trip approaches I realize the fears that I carry with this trip and I end up carrying the weight of those fears instead of flipping the coin and having faith that God will provide. As always this trip brings its own set of challenges and blessings and I anticipate what God will reveal in this time. And I am glad that I have had these months leading up to the spend time with this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment