Friday, February 4, 2011

Socks

Can't believe I haven't written about this yet. I started a knitting project a year and a half ago and just recently finished it. It was a 'pick it up and do a little here and there' project. Plus I needed the help of my knitting coach several times (thanks Mary Gresh!). So even though it took forever, I finally finished my project: socks. These were supposed to be a Christmas present for my sister last year. But they were a present this year, and even then were more like a New Years' present.
Finished product:
Now one was a little bigger/looser than the other, but I love the yarn and they are super soft. Hopefully they are being put to good use in Cali.
I knitted them starting from the toe going up. The tricky parts were starting and turning the heel; otherwise they were really easy. And it was my first knitting in the round project. I wonder if I will start another year long project?

2 comments:

  1. Love them Nes!! I understand the knitting projects going long..I have been knitting a scarf for about 2 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look awesome! Thanks for sharing them! MG

    ReplyDelete