Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lost Treasure

Life has been busy lately and usually when that happens I find that I rely more and more on myself and less and less on the Lord for things. I think that he woke me up early this morning on purpose so I would have time to sit and be still instead of rushing right into my day (as I had planned). Lately I have been thinking a lot about love and this parable keeps coming to mind and then I read it in the Jesus Storybook Bible this morning, so here it is. 
Matthew 13:44-46
The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.
My heart and head need every day to soak in this love that in great joy sacrifices it all for me...so that i would know and experience such a love and have the freedom to walk in it for me to have all I need.  
This is a photo from Jesus Storybook Bible (Danielle would know this) but not from the story of the lost treasure. I just like this photo.
 

1 comment:

  1. hah! i was actually thinking, "isn't that the photo from the shepherds in the field?" and then i came to the parentheses. =)

    ReplyDelete