Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Worry

I have been feeling tense and worried lately. I am sure I can attribute it to many things being uncertain in my life or desiring something that I don't have. Regardless, I woke up today and realized, yuck, I am wrestling with all this worry for no reason. Have I not been called to lay my burdens on the Lord and to trust him because he cares for me? It is so hard to do and so much easier to worry and hope that somehow I will figure out the solution to my worry. I want to be the one in control so badly so that I can know the future and know where I will be or how a situation will pan out. So instead I will go to one of my stand by truths:
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment