Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Journal

Today I finished my journal. It was a big one with beautiful unlined pages ready to be filled. They were filled over the course of a little over a year, a year that has had it's ups and downs of life, a year that has been filled with tears and joy, a year that has been filled with God's promises to provide.
I journal because I don't have the attention span to pray in my head and because for me writing opens me up to a lot of things that are going on beneath the surface. I have grown to love it over the years too because I can revisit times, revisit passages or quotes that were important in a moment or a season and I can go back and see how God is working. A friend posted this quote by C.S. Lewis on Instagram yesterday:
 "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different."
I found it very fitting for the end of a journal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment