Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vegan CC Cookies...Yumm

Man, another post with a Mom reference. Guess it was just Mother's Day so it is okay.
I came home from our family wedding and since I can't eat dairy was thus deprived of wedding cake on Saturday. So I made myself some chocolate chip cookies that I can eat on Sunday to make up for my deprivation. Mom wanted the recipe, thus the mom reference and now the blog post.
Danielle sent me this recipe from this blog which I love because it is about 2 sisters, one who lives in Philly and one who lives in Nashville. Anyway, one of the girls is trying the Vegan thing out which works to my benefit. I have made this recipe subbing the banana with an egg because I still taste the banana no matter how ripe I get it.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Earth Balance or other butter substiture
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1 medium ripe banana (I would recommend that it be barely ripe so the banana is hardly noticeable) (or 1 egg)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips (Trader Joe's has good ones)
How To Make:
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Cream together the white and brown sugar and the Earth Balance until fluffy.
Add in the banana, milk and vanilla and mix well.
Combine the dry ingredients and stir them into the creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake for 10 minutes, until bottoms are golden and tops are light brown
Remove from pan and cool completely to chewy-crispy deliciousness.
(Makes 2 dozen cookies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment