Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Re-Reads

I have lost count of the number of books I have read in the last 5 weeks (yes, I am already 5 weeks post surgery). This week I decided to do a few re-reads.
This is an all time favorite. Really I have enjoyed all of Tim Keller's books
The other re-read I picked up is Crime and Punishment. I remember it as being one of my favorites in high school. I have yet to remember why. It isn't bad, just not my favorite. We will see if I make it through the whole 500 + pages. I think I can if I read something else lighter at the same time. I will be interested to see if I remember why I enjoyed it so much. Maybe that says a lot about what they made us read in school if that was my favorite of all. Or maybe my reading taste has adapted.
Other reads that are worth commenting about: The Hobbit. Great, read it, go see it this fall. Death Comes to Pemberly. She takes the characters from Pride and Prejudice and continues a story with them. Gone Girl. Strangely fascinating, but also a bit depressing. From High Heels to Tractor Wheels. The Pioneer Woman's story of meeting and marrying her husband-sweet, laugh out loud funny, interesting.
Today I decided I am going to do some home maintenance-one project each week. Today I will clean the dishwasher. We will see how long this lasts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment