Thursday, September 6, 2012

Beauty of Words

As a person who loves to read, I often wish I had been given the gift of words or writing. This is a portion of a Rabbit Room post by Janna Barber in which the words were so true yet also so beautifully expressed.
I’m struck by the possibility that I spend most days wakened only in the physical aspect of my being, while my spirit slumbers on inside me. What does it take for these Lazarus ears to hear? How many times must Jesus call out my name, and why can’t I make it through the rest of my days, without doubting the reality of his voice? Behold my microscopic faith.
Yet, God mercifully continues to call. May the eyes of my heart flutter open just in time; may the full weight of his gaze falling directly onto me be itself the sun that wakes my spirit for eternity.
Like water to my thirsty soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment