Monday, September 12, 2011

Many Vacations

I have never taken so many vacations as I have this summer. Not complaining at all...it has been really nice to have a lot of breaks from the real world. And with my job it really isn't too hard to swing...I just haven't been great about planning them.I didn't do a great job of taking pictures on the most recent but this is the idea from a previous year...
Lots of reading, lots of sitting and thinking, lots of beach walking, lots of down time. I think all my vacationing has been good in terms of hopefully helping me set a more restful tone to my usual week. I have realized the deep healing that comes from uninterrupted time in silence or time without the worry of the usual days. When my days are jam packed here there is no space for me to hear God speaking. So this will be my hope as I go into non-vacation stretch.
My next trip will be to Kenya, which I don't really count as vacation, even though it is refreshing in it's own working-your-tail-off sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment