Sunday, September 4, 2011

Promise

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him" Psalm 37:7
Oh waiting...the most difficult task ever. I couldn't wait for the slow granny in front of me in traffic today. So waiting to see how God will work seems an impossibility. I came across this verse this week and I have been re-reading and spending time with it.
Be still to me is: don't take it into my own hands, stop rushing about, sit, like Mary at His feet, don't worry, allow my spirit to be calmed. And wait with patience. I think this means wait with hope too. Most of the time I don't believe in his promises and don't believe that he is for me or knows me or loves me enough to give me what I need. So my waiting is either short lived or non existent because I am trying to fix things myself because I don't believe. I need help with this, like I need help with everything else in my life. Humbling. Yet so true.
That's it..short and to the point.
(This picture has nothing to do with this idea other than the fact that I really like yellow roses)

No comments:

Post a Comment