Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Merry Christmas

I have been the biggest slacker in the blog world in the last 10 days. Between working, traveling home, being at home and some craziness that I can fill you in on later, life has been busy and honestly my mind has been far from here.
In the midst of having to work today, my least favorite day of the whole year to have to work, I tried to keep in mind what today was. When you are in the hospital at work it really doesn't feel very Christmas-y. Families are in the hospital, children are alone, people are experiencing sadness and stress and discomfort, I am feeling alone and sad to not be with family.... In the midst of all of this, plus my own grumpiness of the day :), this verse about the coming of our Lord seemed appropriate. We all have somewhere in our life, even it is simply our sinfulness and inability to save ourselves, that we need to have someone speak comfort and redemption to.
Isaiah 40:1-2
   Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.
  Merry Happy Christmas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment