Thursday, December 6, 2012

Precious

My head space has been commandeered for the last little bit with life details. But I did come across this George MacDonald quote posted by the Rabbit Room folks:
  I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of: for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest and most precious thing in all thinking.
  The holidays are always tougher for me in terms of believing that I am in the right place in general in life...it is easy for me to look around and see what others' have in life and wish for that. I think in general Christmas lends us to a lot of expectations that end up not being met...it is easy to forget about the one who loves us so intently and get caught up in whatever may be your struggle during this season.
  But I can rest in the fact that I was created to be me, which I am learning a lot about these days, and that to glorify God in all that I do I must live freely from the place of being me. And it is a dear, grand, and precious place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment