Sunday, December 9, 2012

More Advent

This passage is from Russ Ramsey's Behold the Lamb of God. He is telling the story of Moses and the Israelites and their journey through the dessert. (It is on Day 9 if you are reading it too!)
 Still, for all Moses' greatness, from the day God sent him to lead, the people complained about him. This wasn't because Moses was a bad leader, but because in order for people to be led, they must leave something behind-and people grow fond of home, even if they've only been enslaved there. For every step Moses led them to freedom, they found something to lament and complain about.
Um, yep, this pretty much sums up Me! How much do I fight where God is leading, how much do I complain about what I don't have in my life or what I want, how much do I resist listening, how much do I ask for more when God promised to give me what I need for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment