Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sadness

I have been reading through a book called The Voice of the Heart. It is about living abundantly by acknowledging our hearts, thus enabling us in relationships with others an God. It spends a lot of time on acknowledging feelings, which is something I am trying to do a better job with.
This last chapter on sadness hit home in many ways. I have always been one to shut down my feelings particularly ones I have labeled as "bad." Sadness and anger have always fallen into this category but I am learning to not place any emotion in that category.
Anyway this chapter on sadness eded with some self reflective questions I thought I would throw out there:
What are you sad about?
What wound has been unable to heal because of the sadness you aren't feeling?
What sadness is in your life that you fight against?
What have you been dreaming of doing that you haven't risked because you might lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment