Thursday, February 21, 2013

Life and Such

Hopefully some of these thoughts will be coherent...
Being out here is a good thing, but not always easy. Today I have been fighting a lot of stuff running through my head. In the midst of this journey it is strange how distance can reveal things that you don't see up close, like a Monet, but the reverse. Being in the mix of life certain things have seemed, I don't know the right word here, unquestionable, but now that I am distanced I feel like everything is up for question/debate about my life and what is looks like.
So today I was struggling through some of those questions and fighting with the loneliness and was reminded, once again, by the sweet words of Ann Voscamp in 1000 Gifts of some truth.
...Psalm 40:4 Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord.
John 6:20 This is the service that God asks of you: that you believe in the One Whom He has sent.
 That's my daily work, the word God asks of me? To trust...To trust in the Son, to trust in the wisdom of this moment, to trust in now. And trust is that: work. ..Isn't joy worth the effort of trust? Because I kid no one: stress brings no joy.
 The full life, the one spilling joy and peace, happens only as I come to trust the caress of the Lover, Lover who never burdens His children with shame or self-condemnation but keeps stroking the fears with gentle grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment