Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Reminders

I have been here for a little over 2 weeks. In a lot of ways it seems like I have been gone for way longer than 2 weeks. But in other ways it does feel like I only just left.
I wasn't really sure what or why I was doing when I decided to do all this. And I am still not sure. But already I feel like I am seeing some glimpses, which I am thankful for.
I am loving!! exploring and being in a new place. I think my heart and soul were needing some of that. I know I have talked about this some, but RA totally knocked me on my back and I think I lost a lot of my me in all of the aftermath. I lost my ability to do some of the things that I love because I was just trying to survive. So it has been fun to get back out there and enjoy exploring and experiencing new things.
I have also been able to see some great areas of growth that have only happened through all the heart work that God has been doing in me through the help of friends and family and my counselor over the last 6 months. Being away from my normal has enabled me to see some of that growth. It has been really sweet to see.
Who knows what all of this will be about....I don't. But I am thankful to still feel certain about this journey, to be finding joy in this journey and to be reminded that I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment