Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Luke

I can't complain about my nights at work so far. I have had time to do such things as read my bible app and they are pretty lax here on Internet etc rules while at work. So tonight I read this in Luke and thought I would share. I know it is a simple thing but I picture myself as one of the disciples here. This is the story where they go out to sea and a storm picks up while Jesus is sleeping. The disciples freak out and in their fear wake him up:
They came to Jesus and woke Him up, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" And He got up and rebuked the wind and the surging waves, and they stopped, and it became calm. And he said to them "Where is your faith?" (Luke 8:24-25NASB)
I freak out about things in my life and question The Lord about where he is...doesn't he know I am perishing?!?! With a simple question he can answer those fears if I will listen to his calming voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment