Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sunday

Sunday I tried out a different church some friends had told me about. The sermon was from 1 Samuel 17 about David and Goliath. He likened David's battle with Goliath to all of us, who each have some giant of a battle that stands before us...something that wants to expose our weakness, or inabilities, or vulnerabilities, that puts us on the line. David takes his giant and races towards him, armed for battle with this truth:
 "for the battle is the Lord's" (v. 47)
Yesterday I made a list of things I see as Goliaths in my life and followed each one with this truth-the battle is the Lord's,not mine. Changes the perspective on things...

1 comment:

  1. AMEN. And this movement of thought change can actually start changing the heart, especially when we sit with those giants in Gods presence quietly...... And let the lover of our soul bring peace and love into these areas......

    ReplyDelete