Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Hiding Place

This is one of my all time favorite books. It would probably be one of the first books I would recommend to anyone. So I am about to lend it out to my friend and thought I would browse through the familiar pages before passing it off for awhile. My book is old and very worn, it smells like an old book (yum!), the pages are yellow and a few are falling out. I don't know how many times I have read this story and it always amazes me and brings comfort. It is the story of Corrie ten Boom whose family hid Jews during the war. It is an amazing story of faith...of their families faith in the Lord to step in and care for His people and their faith during immense trails. Betsie is my favorite character because of her intense unfaltering trust that I only wonder at how she ever could believe so fiercely when I look at my own doubts. Won't ruin anything, but here is a quote from it, one that Betsie said along the way: "There are no 'ifs' in God's world. And no places that are safer than other places. The center of His will is our only safety-O Corrie, let us pray that we may always know it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment