Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Am I Free?

Or maybe the better question is am I living free? Am I living in the reality of the freedom that has been given to me; in the reality of "I am alive"; in the overflowing abundance of grace and his new life for me?
I think I have been struck by that this week....of this reality that I am given a new life but many times I feel like I am still living the old life. Like a prisoner who has been set free but won't walk outside of the cell, I like the idea of comfort or control or knowing where I am versus walking into the unknown (i.e. having to believe).
This is a quote from John Gerstner:
“…the way to God is wide open. There is nothing standing between the sinner and his God. He has immediate and unimpeded access to the Savior. There is nothing to hinder. No sin can hold [you] back, because God offers justification to the ungodly. Nothing now stands between the sinner and God but the sinner’s “good works.” Nothing can keep him from Christ but his delusion… that he has good works of his own that can satisfy God… All they need is need. All they need is nothing…"
If I think this has anything at all to do with me, my abilities, my control, then I am missing the point completely. And to miss the point completely is a life as a prisoner. Help me to live freely!

No comments:

Post a Comment