Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gardening Still

The heat has been a little rough on the yard this summer but mostly my yard and not our vegetable patch. Things are still blooming and we have had our spurts of a lot of veggies.
It looks a bit of a mess but in its messiness is some goodness. We still have tomatoes, cucumbers and potatoes to eat. I am still holding out hope for the squash, but I think our green beans are finished. We grew carrots and they are really cute from the top but never really made anything edible. Here are a few more shots.
 See, cute, huh?

I looked here for seeds for cool weather lettuce and such, but hadn't been able to find any. But when I was in the big Winston-Salem, lo and behold, they have seeds. Not just regular ole packets of seeds; you can buy them by the 1/2 ounce and they come in these cute packs...felt very old fashioned. But bonus was the vegetable planing guide they also gave me. So soon (according to my chart from Aug 15-Sept 15) I will plant my spinach and lettuce and hope for an extension to the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment