Saturday, October 15, 2011

Best Pumpkin Bread

I can boast about this recipe because it is not my own. We made this recipe in 4th grade in class with my not so nice or favorite teacher who will remain nameless. I do love this recipe though and made my first batch of the fall. I usually stock up on the pumpkin so I can keep making it long past the fall season.

Here are all the ingredients assembled: (note...this recipe makes 2 loafs or a lot of muffins so half it if you want...I freeze the other half of my pumpkin for the next batch)
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup oil
   Blend these 3 together, then blend in:
1 can pumpkin
Slowly add the dry ingredients:
3 1/2 c flour (I use wheat flour)
1 t baking powder
1 1/4 t salt
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t cloves
1 t. cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1 t. allspice
   Blend well, then blend in:
2/3 cup water.
  The batter will seem wet but this is what makes it m-o-i-s-t (as much as I hate that word, this bread is that)
Pour into 2 greased bread pans or muffin papers and bake at 350. Bread 55 minutes, muffins 18 minutes.
  It smells amazing in my house right now! Yay fall!

1 comment:

  1. do you deliver? I'd like to place an order. for delivery.

    ReplyDelete