Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kenya...so far we are a go people

This week has been busy. Period. I have decided I have entered into that pre-trip phase of getting little sleep and having my mind be filled constantly with things related to it. 
What I was not expecting was that the actual trip and if it would occur would be questioned. I won't go into the details too much, but basically on the Somalia Kenya border there has been some unrest related to a rebel group within Somalia kidnapping some relief workers at a refugee camp on the border in Kenya. Kenyan troops have retaliated by entering Somalia. That has spurred this rebel group to threaten Kenya. All this has happened in the last week and suddenly I was seeing headlines on CNN saying terrorist threat to Kenya.
So this week has been filled with a lot of asking questions of safety from people living in Kenya, lots of prayers for wisdom and guidance and resolution of conflict and lots of attempts at trusting God within all of this.
I know we never know what the future holds but this makes that even more evident. And has made it even more evident how little I trust and how much I want control over everything in my life. But God has different plans...he calls me to trust him, to listen for his voice and his leading, and to follow. Even if this goes against what I want to do or even if the risks seem great. I can trust His voice and His hold over my life and the direction that he is taking me.
John 10:27-28
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment