Friday, October 7, 2011

Getting Ready!

Departure for Kenya is less than a month away! Kenya has become a place that is dear to my heart...a safe place, a place of rest (well heart rest, not body rest really), a place of fellowship, a place of joy, a place of learning...it is a special place. I am starting to lose count but I think this is my 6th time going to the country and 4th time going to Tenwek to lead up the nurses on our cardiac trip.
At this point every day my brain is thinking of things that I need to remember to bring or have forgotten...we have hit crunch time! And I can't wait to get there.
One of the big jobs we have is bringing all the medical supplies we will need to run the ICU for 2 weeks. So last weekend some of the nursing crew got together to sort through all the stuff we have collected.
So much stuff!! Today I also got some stuff from this great place called Project Cure.
They are a non-profit that collects supplies from hospitals and then sorts it and ships it to third world countries. I have volunteered over there some and our group of nurses volunteered over there. So they let us take a few things that we need for our trip. Thanks, Project Cure!!
Soon this will be my view
Actually, more realistically this will be my view. But I am okay with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment