Friday, January 27, 2012

Carrot Cashew Dip

Another recipe day. I made this again the other day and just love it so much. And I told a friend about it yesterday so now she can see the recipe too.
This is a WholeFoods.com recipe. I use a lot of their recipes because in general they are easy and good for you and no, you don't have to buy the ingredients there. (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2866)
Take 3 peeled carrots and chop. Place in a small pot and cover with water. Boil until the carrots are soft enough to spear with a knife...usually 5 minutes. Then add 3/4-1 cup cashews (I use lightly salted one) and 15 dried apricots that have been quartered. Simmer for 3 or 4 minutes until tender. Then place 1/2 of cooking water and ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth. Let cool in fridge before eating...I like it best with sea salt pita chips. It is a little salty and sweet and delicious even though, I know, it sounds bizarre.
And I got a new food processor for Christmas and it makes the recipe so much easier to make.
(I meant to take pictures when I made it this week but as always I was in a hurry, so you can see the Whole Foods site to see how yummy it looks)

No comments:

Post a Comment