Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Old Couch

We have finally said goodbye to the old couch. In it's memory I figured I would pull out the pictures from when we gave it a makeover.
When we moved into our place over here we needed a couch and Randy and Renee gave us their old one that I think they had found on the curb and re-upholstered.
This was it's original skin. So one day Danielle (who had newly acquired a staple gun for Valentines' Day) and I  took off the old and put on some new...it was just a slipcover that we took apart to fit the couch.

In my typical fashion I thought the project would only take a few hours. Thankfully my friends knew better and stuck with it for it's entire process. We came out with this. And it has served us well. It was starting to get really creaky and the legs were bowing so it will get tuned up and have a new home with a new family who is new to the US.

2 comments:

  1. haha! did they come back for the cushions? and I forgot to ask - who's the replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did get the cushions. And I am buying Leah's...they are getting new ones!

    ReplyDelete