Friday, June 8, 2012

Farm

Leah's brother is working on a bio-dynamic farm. I don't know exactly what that means but I have been excited about going out to the farm to check it out. We went the other day. It isn't too far outside of town and is amazing. Here are a few photos. They just got some pigs who were entertaining to watch and listen too. Supposedly they will gain 2 lbs a day to be ready to be sold. Those are the only animals they have. Otherwise it is lots of veggies
You can't see it really well, but there are hops growing up the wires in the back. They sell these to a local brewery for beer.



I am hoping they will have some harvesting days before my surgery so I can go out and help. I think I could get used to living out of town on some land and working it.
My own "farm" is growing well too. Potatoes are ready for eating. Everything else is getting bigger and bigger every day.
Zucchini

I know, awesome photo, but this is how tall our tomatoes are!

Green bean flowers

Baby squashes...so cute


No comments:

Post a Comment