Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kindred Hearts

Today I was reminded of a sweet gift I have been given for many years now. As I was talking to my friend today we, or really she realized that in two very different life circumstance we were experiencing a similar struggle at its core. And my friend embraced me in my struggle and I was able to hear her in hers. Thankful that even though lots of miles separate our two homes we are still so deeply connected. Thankful that she can speak words that my heart needs to hear, that she understands me so well and yet still loves me. Thankful that God chooses messy people like ourselves to love and listen and speak truth. Today I needed these reminders.
This picture is from a fun adventure before she moved away. I love it because it captures such blissfulness in both of us, ready to step in to the adventure of life together.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

1 comment:

  1. i love you! (but i do not really love my socks in that photo.) =)

    ReplyDelete