Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Joined

Romans 7:4: Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
 I have been spending a lot of thought and prayer towards really analyzing my life...where is my time spent, why, etc. I read this passage this morning and got stuck here. I am not going to go into all of the things that I came up with, because I didn't come up with a lot except several questions for me to think about. The first question has stuck with me today...I think I have been doing many things in my life because I "should"-meaning I haven't really died to the law...it is still alive and kicking. But over the years as I have tried to not do things just out of shoulds, I swing the other way to apathy or selfishness, but I know that is not the answer either. Which leads to question 2 and 3 and 4...
  • Have I really died to the law?
  • What does it mean to be joined to Christ?
  • Does my life look like one joined with Christ?
  • What does fruit look like?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment