Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fear

I have been slowly making my way through Chip Dodd's Voice of the Heart. Slow because I could spend days on one paragraph. It is about our emotions or feelings and as I am learning how to walk through those instead of stuff them in the closet, there is a lot of learning for me.
 Fear can motivate you to reach out for help, risk your heart with your need, and trust others for assistance. Fear can help you depend on others for their skill and willingness, and can help you collaborate with others for mutual gain. If you express fear truthfully, you can gain wisdom from the experience.
  Unfortunately, too many of us answer fear by silencing its voice. We run from risk, eliminate trust, hide our dependency and become fretful and controlling about collaboration.. Fear offers the opportunity to trust God and others with our need for help, or it entices us to stay stuck in distrust and self-will.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment