Monday, January 14, 2013

Road trip

We are on day 2 of our road trip. Yesterday I did the majority of the driving so I didn't stop to write.
Yesterday we decided to do a looong day. We drive from nashville to Denver which is about 1189 miles. Yep. Long day. 16 hrs in the car. Having a friend makes the hugest difference. Neither of us felt like we were in the car that long. We stayed with a dear friend of mine in denver and are now back on the road.
The rest of our days will be shorter and filled with more fun. Today we are driving to Salt Lake City and will find something to do around there tomorrow.
So far the weather has been great. We got a little bit of snow last night outside of Denver but no ice on the roads or rain or anything!
I have been re-reading The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom and finished it on my last night in my house. Here is one of my favorite quotes from it. Thought it was fitting in light of this new adventure in life.
"There are no ifs in gods kingdom. His timing is perfect. His will is our hiding place. "
Utah or bust!!







No comments:

Post a Comment