Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Green Smoothie

I know I eat weird things and strange combos of foods. So I have decided to embrace it in a new way. I have tried to make green smoothies.
Mine did not look quite this green, mine have been more a purpl-ish color because I use strawberries too. However, they are pretty tasty, better than I thought they would be. And I (of all people) had my doubts.
I looked at a few recipes and websites before I journeyed down this trail and watched a video of some lady called the green smoothie lady make one. First of all, her blender has a horse power of 3. I am not sure my car has that much horse power, so it takes awhile to blend mine all up. But I think you can change it up and try different things in it and do less or more of the greens. But one of these guys is packed with most of the fruits and veggies you need for a day depending on what you put it with.
I have stuck with the basics: 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup water, 2 cups spinach, 1/2 banana. Not bad at all, but I plan on experimenting a little and perfecting it more. If you aren't a big fan or not sure about this, I would start with less spinach and more fruit and you can work your way up.
Yum!

2 comments:

  1. pear, mango, and spinach is a pretty good concoction. lydia used to eat it, but now she is suspicious of anything green. so we stick to the blueberry, banana, strawberry variety.

    and i will just gently say, since i've read a ton about this recently in regards to photos on blogs, if you're not using your own photos on your blog, you should source them. as jasmine star says in the fine print on her blog posts, "stealing makes me sad." =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the gentle reminder :) I need to be better about that, so my photo was from dailypostal.com
    and i like the recs...i will have to try. you know me and mango!

    ReplyDelete