Tuesday, April 26, 2011

McKay's

Today started out as a reading/book store kind of day...rainy and cool and gross. It turned into a decent day, but I decided I would make a trip to McKay's. When Dad and I were hiking (pics to come soon) we were talking about great books and I decided I wanted to re-read a classic that I had enjoyed in high school. Which one?
Les Miserables. I thought about getting the unabridged version, but it is 1187 pages long. I am not usually one to turn something down based on length, but that is a bit much. And it may be abridged for a reason.
I picked up a few others...never read Prayer for Owen Meany so I thought I would give it a whirl and the book on the end was a last minute pick up...stories from several different children around the world, mainly Africa, and how their hope survives in the midst of tough situations (or so it says on the back cover). And yes, that is the Babysitter's Club. It is a gift, for my sister (who I don't think reads my blog, so the secret is safe). Adrienne picked one of these fine pieces of literature up for me a few weeks ago as a joke/gift...she never read them growing up but of course, I read almost all of them and had told her how wonderful they are (ha!). I actually did read the one she gave me and I will probably at least start this one to see if I remember the story. Best part is, they are selling them for only 35 cents down there...what? I know, don't everyone go and start a collection at once.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have not thought about the Babysitters Club in forever!! I used to love those books

    ReplyDelete