Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Still

As I finally chose to sit and be still today (it is almost 7 at night) I am reminded as always how much my heart needs these times of silence...that I spend so much time avoiding my thoughts and fears and in the case this week nerves. I guess I think if I don't sit and spend too much time thinking about it they aren't as real, which really seems like the mentality of a 3 year old (I won't go into the nursing theory behind this), but I guess that is still where I am. Acknowledging these fears really does the opposite for me...it reminds me of the truth, it reminds me of who is in control, it reminds me of my inability in, well in everything, and my need to rest on God. Yet I run and run until I am worn out and forget that the Prince of Peace is beckoning me to come and sit, come and eat, drink, enjoy and rest and be freed of the worry and fears that I carry with me.
One of my favorite Psalms is 62:5-8
My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken....
Trust in him at all time, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.
(For Adrienne and Danielle, there is a Selah at the end of it too).

No comments:

Post a Comment