Sunday, November 6, 2011

We are here!

We have arrived...after 36 hours of travel. Travel was fine (other than being long) and all our many many suitcases arrived. We are set up mostly in the ICU and will do a partial day of nursing lectures tomorrow...only partial day because we are starting surgery tomorrow instead of Tuesday (I had a feeling this may happen).
It feels a little crazy because we just got here and tomorrow is so full. And we are a bit short staffed...but I feel it is in these ways that God shows up in big ways doing things that we could never do on our own. And that is a reminder I need in a huge way right now. As my heart and head are feeling stressed and full of details to remember I instead need some time to stop and remember who is doing every detail of this week...to take the pressure of myself and to enjoy the ride. So glad I got this chance to jot a few words down even to remind myself of some truth.
Prayers for rest for us all and a smooth first day. Cases are a CABG (yes, you peds people you read that right) Coronary Artery Bypass and then an aortic valve replacement and mitral valve repair for the second case. Be praying for these patients to feel at peace tonight in the anticipation of tomorrow (they found out around 6 pm tonight they would be operated on today) and for their recoveries as they start tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you all made it safely. Can't believe you are doing a CABG! I would definitely need a refresher on that kind of post op care. Can't wait to see you all in a week.

    ReplyDelete