Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Progress

Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks out from surgery. Yay! These may have been the slowest 3 weeks of my life, but they are slowly ticking by. One more week until I get to start coming off my crutches.
In general I am feeling good, minimal pain, getting around, able to do all my PT. Today I got to do some planks and I can ride a bike for 15 minutes. Just gotta keep thinking about how much progress I have made since day one.
First day I couldn't get off the couch without someone helping, I couldn't lift my own leg without using my hand. When I went to PT on the first day after surgery I could only kick my leg up this high.
Now I can kick it up a lot higher and use a resistance band.
Mom painted my toes, nice, huh? So I am making steps forward. And I have to keep reminding myself of that and not think about all that I can't do. Soon I will be back to walking and then hopefully hiking and ballet and running around and playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment