Saturday, April 20, 2013

Latest Obsession

My latest food obsession (minus the awesome dairy fee bakery I found here that I am trying to show a bit of self control with) is cauliflower. I have been making cauliflower mashed potatoes like crazy. They are super easy and actually do taste like mashed potatoes.
Here is the recipe:
1 head of cauliflower
4 cloves of garlic, mashed
1/4 c olive oil
salt
pepper
veggie or chicken broth (if you desire...i haven't been using it)
1 1/2 T nutritional yeast (or i guess you could use real cheese if you can eat it)
Cut cauliflower into small pieces and place in boiling water with salt or broth and garlic
Cook until cauliflower is tender
Drain and get all of the water/broth out
Place in food processor or blender. I go ahead and blend the garlic cloves too-usually I take one out.
While blending, add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth.
Makes 3-4 servings
Here is a link to an actual blog recipe if you would like:
http://www.deliciousbydre.com/garlic-mashed-cauliflower/

1 comment:

  1. I have a funny college roommate story about cauliflower mashed potatoes. remind me to tell it to you . . .

    ReplyDelete