Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tulips!!

Who knew that Northern Washington was the ideal tulip growing climate? I, for one, did not. It is close to the same latitude as Holland, one of the other premier tulip spots in the world and receives the same amount (30ish inches) of rain as Holland. Because the spring is cool the tulips stay in bloom for longer as well. People come from all over to the Tulip festival in Skagit County, which is an hour from here.

Lucky for me, Mom was coming during tulip month, and I knew she would think it was neat. We headed up there last week and I have to say it was pretty amazing. There are literally 1000s of acres of tulips in bloom...it looks like a sea of color. They also have some more manicured areas to view...the one we saw had over 300,000 bulbs. Yes...insane!
I took a ton of pictures, so I will try and limit it :)

The pinks were my favorite



These were Mom's favorite




No comments:

Post a Comment