Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nashville Flea Market

This time last Saturday we were up early wandering the stalls of the Nashville Flea Market. Every month thousands of vendors come and set up for business. The array of items was pretty entertaining...everything from socks and fake flowers to really cool furniture, antiques, old dishes. And there were some classic Tennessee folk out, of course.
Leah was looking for some things for the wedding set up and I had a few things I had my eye out for. I would and definitely will go back...even just to wander and look at all the things out there. I don't really like to shop, but markets or places where you can just wander and observe have appeal to me.
Here are some of the things I picked up.
Flour sifter...useful and cute and these bottles are awesome. You can't see the words, but they are old medicine bottles. The blues ones were from before the 1920s...atleast that is what I was told. They used to put Magnesium in the glass to make it blue and they took it out in the 20s, so then I guess the other bottle is newer than the blue one.

No comments:

Post a Comment