Friday, March 11, 2011

The Other Side

Last night I had a sweet call from a dear friend. These types of calls, comments, hugs, words and looks are something that I am so thankful for in my life. I had shared with my friend who called my struggle of late with a lot of pain and the challenge this is to walk in day to day, the challenge to hear the Lord's love through the pain, etc. She called and said in her own way, "I wish I could take it away, I wish there was something I could do to make it better or even say to make it better. But I can't, and today when I was thinking about you I just cried." And this is not the first time I have heard this.
I know it is hard in its own right for my friends and family to walk through this with me, to see me in pain, know I am in pain, know some of what I am dealing with and deal with my crabbiness that results form it, know how to be with me in that. I know it is hard to know what to say. And I know there really isn't anything to say. But I am thankful that people want to walk with me and be with me in it. More thankful than you all know.

1 comment:

  1. We love you so much! It is truly a privilege to walk with you in this. The Lord will show you his love more and more each day. Thanks for letting us walk with you...I would not have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete