Saturday, July 16, 2011

Back, but...

I am back from camp, but I won't leave you hanging with what we sing at the last meal. This is the breakfast prayer:

God has created a new day
Silver and green and gold
Live that the sunset may find us
Worthy his gifts to hold.

Everything about camp sings simplicity and that is one of the reasons I like it. It is like stepping back in time in some ways...all the tradition of camp makes it seem like time has stopped. The girls sing songs that you can tell were written decades ago. They meet every day for assembly where they all do coordinated dances to certain songs (think songs like It's Raining Men, Amy Grant, Rockin Robin). Some of them even have names that are from the 1940s (oh that may just be the Southern influence:).
I sleep essentially outside and fall asleep to the sound of crickets and frogs. I do my nursing work and then I read or talk or simply sit and enjoy what is around me. Why is it so hard to do that in normal life?

No comments:

Post a Comment