Thursday, July 28, 2011

Observations

This afternoon I went to the Post Office, which for those who know me know that this may be my least favorite errand. Well, I was surprised when there was nobody in line, so I was already in a better mood. Then the post office lady who was next to the guy helping me starts singing along with the song playing overhead. Now the song was a classic: Cher's Do you Believe in Life After Love, so I can see why she was so enthusiastic to sing along :). What I loved was that she didn't care. She didn't care that I was right there, that her post man friend was right there and then that some other people came in after me. She didn't care that she didn't have a great singing voice. She was feelin' it so she was singing to her jam. I was touched and inspired by her reckless abandon. At least enough to keep thinking about it and write about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment