Sunday, July 24, 2011

Restless

St Augustine said this: "for Thou hast formed us for Thyself, and our hearts are restless till they find rest in Thee. ...Oh! how shall I find rest in Thee? Who will send Thee into my heart to inebriate it, that I may forget my woes, and embrace Thee my only good? What art Thou to me?"
My heart has this tendency to feel restless, to want more, to not be satisfied, to have this idea of a perfect world that I think I should be living, to always want something different than what I have. I do not like this restless feeling. I wish it would leave on its own or that there was some simple way to just be able to enjoy the moment I am in.
I have found myself feeling more restless lately. I know I desperately need to find rest in the Lord, to listen to his voice...to allow it to inebriate my thoughts and to sit there in that alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment