Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Taking it Back to the 80s

Growing up in New Orleans it was hot. Really hot. Like walk outside and sweat immediately hot. We sometimes got the treat of a Snow Balls (think better than a Sno Cone and way better flavors). But more likely we had homemade popsicles. My memory is that we would get to make Koolaid and take turns picking the flavor and then pour them into our popsicle molds. The best part was at the end you got to drink the melted part from a little straw. Well, I found some popsicle molds on Amazon (for a steal too!) and decided I wanted to take myself back to the 80s.
Tonight after a game of tennis in the heat I enjoyed a delicious popsicle (especially since Las Paletas was closed)!
Fun colors!
My favorite juice to make them with so far. Thanks TJs!
And enjoying the last drop! Very delicious!

1 comment:

  1. boo ikea for not having them. but yay amazon! and Lydia would probably enjoy those since that is her juice of choice (well, mixed with water 50/50). =)

    ReplyDelete