Friday, January 7, 2011

Adios 2010

And Adios first week of 2011...started out a little rough this week. Sheesh. I don't make resolutions but I do like to spend time remembering and reflecting on the previous year. This has been a challenging year but also a year of seeing many blessings and much growth and has been filled with sweet and fun memories. I think it can be easy to focus on the bad and the hard but a lot of times I need the push to switch my perspective. Most days that comes in the reminder of the verse written on my bathroom mirror: rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in all things give thanks. This verse still baffles me and in my desire to be honest, I still cannot say I am thankful for RA..I can say that I am learning to live with it, like an uninvited visitor who has come to stay for good, but I am sure, as I have seen the growth and change in my heart towards this part of my life, that someday I may be able to say that.
The last few days I have been reflecting and remembering on the last year and finding so much to be thankful for and remembering some things I had forgotten about altogether. Funny that this week of remembering coincided with my worst flare yet, huh? Thankful for provision even if it comes in strange packages.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you friend and I'm excited to come home and spend some good time talking about whats been going on in our lives. Love you.

    ReplyDelete