Friday, January 21, 2011

To Haiti or not to Haiti

Last fall I was ready to take another trip to do some nursing somewhere else, meaning another country. My heart will always be drawn to Kenya, but that trip, if it happens, won't be until the fall. So I started looking into other options for something short term since I am now juggling school too. This semester I only have one class so it seems like it is do-able.
I am currently in limbo, waiting to hear if I will be going to Haiti at the beginning of February. I think I am going but I am waiting on the final word (in the form of a plane ticket).
I am excited for a quick adventure but nervous about what I will be seeing and nervous about venturing out on my own. My understanding is that the country is still in a very low place and many are still suffering from cholera. I am not sure exactly what I will be doing but I think it is a clinic setting. So many unknowns. Which I am okay with.
Somehow I am okay with all these unknowns. Yet some of the bigger unknowns in my life seem like way too much and I have a hard time being okay with them and trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment